Class: IV
Subject: Social Studies
Topic: Seasons
In this blog, I will be writing on the teaching of the topic “Seasons” from the textbook of Social Studies, grade four. For me mainly, it is important for the students to know very well about the change of seasons in every year. I felt it is important because every child experience the seasonal change in their daily life. Therefore I have decided to integrate one of the ICT tools in this topic and convey the content to my dear students.
There are many ICT tools which I can use in order to teach the topic to the students. Recently in my ICT lesson, I learnt about creating simulation in Microsoft power point presentation. Though it was exacting, it activate me to create a simulation and use it in one of my blogs. This is the only reason I will be using simulation to teach about the seasons to my students. Simulations represent a reality within which students interact. I believed that the simulation on Seasons will promote the use of critical and evaluative thinking. Because they are ambiguous, they encourage students to view the implications of a scenario. The situation feels real and thus leads to more engaging interaction by learners. Simulations promote concept of attainment through experiential practice.
Creation of the teaching material
I have designed a short simulation in power point presentation on the topic “Seasons”. This learning activity is mainly designed for class four students to help them understand the concept better. For this activity, I have used various animations using image, clip art, GIF, background scene and colors so that students will be able to visualize their learning. Most of the textbook we can see most of the pictures are distorted using black and white color. Because of that sometimes it’s difficult for students to get all the information precisely. For that reason, I have created this learning activity with the aim of giving clear concepts about the new topic to the students. While creating this short simulation video clip, I inserted all the necessary animations.
Activity: Description about favorite seasons
From the four seasons, choose one of your favorite seasons and write about three paragraphs reasoning out why the chosen seasons of your is your favorite and what things happen in that seasons? You all will use Microsoft Office Word Document and submitted by mail.
Gmail address: ugyendema1911@gmail.com
Instructions for the use of content-based material
I will use the material during lesson development. After having introduced the topic to the students, I will use the simulation for conveying the content during lesson development. Instead of me lecturing on the four seasons, I will make best of the simulation created as an instructional tool in my classroom. Simulation will give the name of four seasons. For each season, they would be given some description of about few lines. Students will also perform an activity after the content has been conveyed to them. The activity will be instructed to the students through the simulation only after the explanation. The students need to carefully watch the simulation with full attention. The designed activity will help the children to further enhance their understating on seasons.




No comments:
Post a Comment